Founded in 1964, Newport County Community Mental Health Center provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.
Open Access Walk-in Assessment Services are available Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. 127 Johnny Cake Hill Road, Middletown, R.I. 02842.
Hours of Operation:
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emergency crisis and psychiatric services are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by calling our Access Center at 401-846-1213 or walk-in hours listed above.
Programs & Services We Provide:
- Integrated Health Home
- Assertive Community Treatment Program
- Psychotherapy & Counseling Services- Individual, Group & Family
- Adult Outpatient Therapy
- Child & Adolescent Outpatient Therapy
- Counseling- Individual, Group & Family
- Mindful Teen Intensive Treatment Program for Adolescents & Young Adults
- Crisis Stabilization
- Community Consultation
- Therapy Groups
- Family Therapy
- 24hr/7 day a week Emergency Services/Assessment
- Case Management
- Nursing Services
- Crisis Stabilization & Mobile Outreach
- Trauma Informed Services
- Trauma Focused CBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Outpatient Substance Use Treatment- Individual, Group & Family
- Supervised Medication Program
- Specialized Elderly Services
- Hospital Liaison Services
- Peer Support Services
- Newport Municipal Court Diversion Program
- Vocational Services/Supportive Employment
- Residential Services/Supportive Housing Services
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Information & Referal
- Behavioral Health Disaster Response Team