Founded in 1964, Newport County Community Mental Health Center provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.
Open Access Walk-in Assessment Services are available Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. through 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m. at 127 Johnny Cake Hill Road, Middletown, R.I. 02842.
Hours of Operation:
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emergency crisis and psychiatric services are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by calling our Access Center at 401-846-1213 or walk-in hours listed above.
Prescription Refill Walk-in Services: Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m.
- Child and Adult Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Children’s Outpatient Therapy Services
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Independent Living Apartment Program for adolescents
- Community Support Services for adults with serious mental illness
- Residential and Supportive Housing Services
- Supportive Employment and other rehabilitative services